Friday, March 28, 2008

Tag...I'm IT!!!

I was tagged by Arima so here goes!

1) Include a link to the person who tagged you.

2) Answer this question: "What is the purpose of your blog" (yes in bold-italics)

3) Tag 5 of people you know.

I actually have 2 blogs. I started Amreekia Min Bab Al Sharayah a lonnnng time ago, thinking I would be in Egypt before now. I basically wanted to detail the (mis)adventures of an American-Muslim expat in a land I love more than life itself. I wanted my readers to see Egypt through my eyes, a woman who feels more at home there than in the land of her birth. I also wanted to joke around about the "balady" (see my glossary in the sidebar) factor in Egypt, something I get a huge kick out of and revere as local color. I also wanted my friends and family stateside to be able to read my updates and keep in touch. A secondary reason is to help any other expats with their transitions in making Egypt their home. There's lots to love about Egypt and I just want to share it with the world.

My second blog was started more recently, called Islam is the Solution. I really wanted to do an Islamic blog for a long time, based on my devotion to the teachings of the Muslim Brotherhood. I think it is an ever-growing worldwide movement for reform based on the timely and easily applied principles outlined by Imam Shaheed Hassan Al Banna. Easily applied, but not so easily received, as is evidenced by the arrest and torture of its members. They have to be doing something right to be so persecuted! They are a threat to the status quo and corruption everywhere. Most importantly they are moderate and open-minded. I guess this blog was just my way of saying thank you for all the knowledge I have gained from them, and for their supreme sacrifices in the way of Allah.

Now, I tag:

1. Cairogal

2. on the edge of something

3. egianqueen

4. Bugswingz (private)

5. Layla (private)

No comments: