Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Updates...and getting ready for Ramadan

Hmmmm.....where do I begin? Well first of all, I want to ask the few people who have access to this blog to please join me as a follower--widget in upper right hand corner. Because that's the only way you will know I have updated. I am thinking either to make this blog public again, or transfer this basic blog to another url--not sure but "follow" me and then you will know what's happening. I really want to get back to blogging regularly, but every time I turn around, someone "discovers" who I really am--last time it was my crazy ex s-i-l and time before that was my husband--haha--I really prefer more anonymity. So I can say whatever the hell I want and get things off my chest! I seriously do need to vent sometimes--otherwise I would go crazy. And I think there are important issues that I, as an ex-pat, need to address without fear of reprisals. Anyway, step-by-step I will find my niche and hopefully stick to it.

On another front, my husband and I spent Monday in Khan al Khalili, which is a huge--and I mean HUGE--souk in Cairo. Think Moroccan bazaar kinda place. Monday was the day before our wedding anniversary. We had originally intended to spend 3 days--Mon-Wed at Ain Sukhna, a resort on the Red Sea. But with Ramadan beginning this Friday or Saturday (depends on the moon) I thought it was just too rushed, because Ramadan requires mega shopping/preparation.

I will do another post on this trip to the Khan/Ramadan--hopefully later today and upload some pics. Meantime, will try to add some readers. This blog was going pretty good when it was public--I'd really like to get it up and running again!

Hugs to all.....


4 comments:

Susan said...

A friend of mine, a former expat in Cairo, had asked me if I could ask you for an invite. She really liked reading your blog!

Queen O'Danile said...

Who is that Susan?

Susie of Arabia said...

I was wondering what happened to you! You know, I wish I could blog in anonymity at times. There are so many times when I feel I hold back my true feelings and thoughts. Too many people know who I am and too many people here in KSA have discovered my blog... hmmmmm

Queen O'Danile said...

Susie...I wish I could just blog as myself...but it just wont work. Blogging brings it's own headaches doesnt it? Hope to see u on my new blog!